Pointer Shadow Re-enabler is an application that periodically re-enables mouse pointer shadow if it was disabled. It is useful in those situations where a application or game disables Windows pointer shadow and neglects to enable it back once it’s closed. Dota 2 is an example of game that does this.
After installation the mouse pointer shadow will be periodically enabled at user set times through a task created in Windows Task Scheduler.
Pointer Shadow Re-enabler is lightweight and there is no measurable performance impact when it runs.
- Fully supported: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016.
- Partially supported (only enable on demand): Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Below a screenshot with install options:
If you find the application useful and want to support us you can do make a small donation (min. $2 due to fees) here.
1. How to set different settings?
Launch the installer again. Previous configuration will be overwritten with the new settings.
2. Does silent or unattended installation work?
Silent installation is partly supported through the use of /SILENT or /VERYSILENT flags and will install with default settings. In a future version unattended configuration file might be supported.
3. My antivirus says that the installer or one of the contained files is a virus or trojan.
If you’ve downloaded the drivers from the official links then the virus warning is a false positive. While it’s highly unlikely that the installer would be compromised and be infected with viruses, if you really want to be sure then you can submit the driver package for analysis to www.virustotal.com for a wider analysis.
v1.00 [10 May 2018] – Initial version