UNi Xonar 1823 v1.80 drivers are released. Full changelog and download links here.
Release notes 1.80
UNi Xonar installer changes:
- Added DPI interface scaling to the installer.
- Added card autodetection and if the audio card is not detected it will show an error message with possible reasons for that.
- Improved driver cleaning. It uninstalls all copies of the Xonar/C-media CMI8788 drivers that are present in the Windows driver repository. By installing drivers with “Run driver cleaning” option you won’t be able to use “Roll Back Driver” option for the audio card in Device Manager.
- Changed the driver installation procedure. Added a fail safe driver installer that should help in those cases where you were required to manually install the audio driver or install it in safe mode. Silent installation is always on and its user option has been removed. If standard driver installation gets stuck (does not finish after 100 sec) it is automatically closed. If standard driver installer fails to install the drivers then an alternate driver installer is launched. If that fails too, you will get notified by the installer that driver installation failed.
- Windows XP: Added support for other CMI8788 cards.
- Xonar DG, DGX, DG SI: Front Panel jack detection should now work if it did with the original drivers.
- Fixed GX not being turned off by default in “Normal” configuration for the following cards Xonar D2, D2X, DG, DGX and DG SI.
Rev. 2 changes:
- Improved and fixed some problems with the new driver installation procedure.
- Added different messages based on why installation failed.
- Fixed “Front Panel Microphone” not working by default.
Rev. 3 changes:
- Increased the delay between driver cleaning and driver installation procedures. Might help in some installation failing cases.
- Fixed the “Warning: Windows running in Test Mode or with Disable Driver Signature Enforcement is required!” message not showing up if needed in combination with the detected audio card.
The 1.80 drivers come in two variants:
- 1.80a “Standard”
Driver for all supported cards. Replacement for 1.75a driver. Includes 1816 audio drivers for Win XP and 1823 audio drivers for Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10: Updated audio driver to 1823 (built date: 2 Jun 2015, made by C-Media).
- Includes updated driver installer, ASUS Audio Center and C-Media Panel.
- 1823 audio drivers are the first drivers released for Windows 10 by ASUS/C-Media. Whether they perform any better than 1822 or STXII 11.5 drivers remains to be seen.
- Xonar STX II cards: Drivers work with STXII cards but the changing audio settings may not work with ASUS Audio Center and only with C-Media Panel. Installation on Windows Vista/7/8.1/10 x64 requires Windows running in Test Mode or with “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” option.
- Microphone stops working if running specific programs. If you run into this issue please report it in a reply to the original report. If you run into the issue you can switch to v1.75a drivers or connect the microphone to the onboard audio card microphone input.
- WASAPI playback issues might occur with some soundcards
- Occasionally when waking PC up from sleep the Xonar card does not output any sound.
- Drivers might stop installing on Windows 10. Try 1.75a, 1.80b or 1.81a instead..
- 1.80b “STXII”
Driver maily for STX II and STX II 7.1 cards. It does work for the other UNi Xonar supported cards too. Replacement for 1.75b driver. Includes STX II version 11.5 audio drivers (built date: 18 Feb 2014, made by C-Media).
- Includes updated ASIO (220.127.116.11), driver installer, ASUS Audio Center and C-Media Panel.
- Windows XP: Drivers now work for all UNi Xonar supported cards. These were not working with 1.75b drivers.
- Cards other than STX II: Installation on Windows Vista/7/8.1/10 x64 requires Windows running in Test Mode or with “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” option.
Rev. 2 changes:
- Fixed “Asus Audio Center” not working properly and getting replaced by C-Media Panel when installing with “Normal – Asus Audio Center” configuration.
Rev. 3 changes:
- Fixed some installation issues when drivers were installed on STXII cards (like missing driver uninstall entry in Programs and Features, incorrect C-media panel name).
- Fixed a bug where optimal card configuration was not being applied if the drivers were installed without the “Re-enable stereo upmix” option.
- Microphone stops working occasionally or when changing audio playback settings (DS->WASAPI). If you run into this issue please report it in a reply to this comment. If you frequently run into the issue you could try v1.75a drivers if possible or connect the microphone to the onboard audio card microphone input.