UNi Xonar W10 1825 1.81 drivers are released. Full changelog and download links here.
Release notes 1.81a
Driver for all supported cards. Includes 1825 audio drivers for Windows 10. Unlike previous releases, the 1825 audio driver will only work in Windows 10.
- Windows 10: Updated audio driver to 1825 (built date: 22 June 2016, made by C-Media).
- Updated C-Media Panel.
- Replaced C-Media driver uninstaller with UNi Xonar driver cleaner.
Rev. 2 changes:
- Added support for STXII cards in Asus Audio Center, cards will be detected as STX by Asus Audio Center but feature wise everything should be there.
- 1825 audio drivers have an issue when the audio card is uninstalled, disabled or the drivers are overwritten, resulting in a system crash. In order to avoid the uninstall system crash I’ve come up with a workaround that’s presented below
- Asus Audio Center: GX button is no longer showing. It has to do with 1825 audio drivers and there may be a reason why C-Media removed it. I’m not sure if it’s worth it to bring the GX on/off control back.
- For STX II cards XonarSwitch might not work. Need more feedback on this.
How to uninstall 1825 v1.81 drivers: In order to avoid a system crash while uninstalling 1825 drivers you will need to play an audio file before proceeding with the uninstall process. Restart system after the uninstall process is done.