This page is mainly related to installation problems on Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10 - x64 versions.
Problem description: driver installer hangs and does not finish for minutes or it shows the following message :"Please Plug-in UNi Xonar Audio device!".
Attention: Before trying any of the possible solutions be advised that on Vista, Win7 & Win8 x64 versions the following cards will (in most cases) need test mode enabled in order for the drivers to install:
- 1.75b, 1.80b - all cards except Xonar STX II
- 1.70, 1.71, 1.72, 1.75a, 1.80a, 1.81a+ - HDAV(+Slim), Razer Barracuda, Xonar STX II
- 1.61, 1.62, 1.63, 1.64 - HDAV(+Slim),Razer Barracuda, HTomega cards, X-Meridian.
- 1.51-1.53 - HDAV(+Slim), X-Meridian (1,2), HT Omega cards, Razer Barracuda AC-1
Before trying any solutions please uninstall current audio driver and restart.
I recommend you try all the possible solutions presented and not only the last one.
Possible Solution 1 (16.03.2012)
- Download the drivers only archive corresponding with the UNi Xonar drivers you wish to install from here.
- Unpack the archive, preferably to desktop for ease of use.
- Launch Device Manager (right-click on Computer-> Proprieties and select Device Manager on the left pane)
- If the audio card drivers are completely uninstalled, the audio card will show as Multimedia Audio Controller or Unknown device - double click on it .
- Go to Driver tab and and click on Update Driver...
- Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and in the next screen select Browse
- Within the browse window navigate to the folder where you have extracted the driver archive that you have downloaded and click Ok.
- Click next, and wait for the confirmation that the drivers installed correctly.
- Close all windows and launch UNi Xonar drivers setup.
- Uncheck "Silent installation" and "Run driver cleaning before install" and install the drivers
Possible Solution 2 (14.10.2012)
- Start Windows in Safe more by pressing F8 before Windows boot.
- Select Safe Mode.
- Once Windows boot is complete, install UNi Xonar drivers.
- Restart and boot normally.
Please send feedback if this worked for you or not. Add the following information at the beginning of your feedback comment:
[Possible solution number; Audio card; UNi drivers version tested; Windows version; SP (0/1/2); Automatic updates(Y/N); ].
eg: [1; Xonar DX; 1.53;Vista; SP2; Y; ] Your comment..
- ASUS Xonar DG, Xonar DGX, Xonar DG SI, Xonar DS, Xonar DSX, Xonar D1, Xonar D2, Xonar DX, Xonar D2X, Xonar HDAV, Xonar HDAV Slim, Xonar Essence ST, Xonar Essence STX, Xonar Essence STX II, Xonar Xense.
- Other C-media CMI8786 and CMI8788 audio chipset cards:
- Auzentech: HDA X-Purity 7.1, X-Meridian 1G, X-Meridian 2G.
- HTOmega: Claro, Claro Plus, Claro II, Claro Halo, eClaro.
- Razer Barracuda AC-1.
- TempoTec HIFIER Serenade.