This page is mainly related to installation problems on Vista, Win7 & Win8 – x64 versions.
Problem description: driver installer hangs and does not finish for minutes or it shows the following message :”Please Plug-in UNi Xonar Audio device!”.
Attention: Before trying any of the possible solutions be advised that on Vista, Win7 & Win8 x64 versions the following cards will (in most cases) need test mode enabled in order for the drivers to install:
- 1.75b, 1.80b – all cards except Xonar STX II
- 1.70, 1.71, 1.72, 1.75a, 1.80a, 1.81a+ – HDAV(+Slim), Razer Barracuda, Xonar STX II
- 1.61, 1.62, 1.63, 1.64 – HDAV(+Slim),Razer Barracuda, HTomega cards, X-Meridian.
- 1.51-1.53 – HDAV(+Slim), X-Meridian (1,2), HT Omega cards, Razer Barracuda AC-1
Before trying any solutions please uninstall current audio driver and restart.
I recommend you try all the possible solutions presented and not only the last one.
Possible Solution 1 – 16.03.2012 .
- Download the archive corresponding with the drivers only archive corresponding with the UNi Xonar drivers you wish to install (1.81a ; 1.80a ; 1.75a and 1.72 drivers/1.75a and 1.72 mirror ; 1.80b and 1.75b STXII drivers ; 1.71 drivers ; 1.70 drivers ; 1.64 drivers / 1.64 mirror ; 1.63 drivers ; 1.62 drivers ; 1.61 drivers ; 1.5x drivers )
- Unpack the archive, preferably to desktop for ease of use.
- Launch Device Manager (right-click on Computer-> Proprieties and select Device Manager on the left pane)
- If the audio card drivers are completely uninstalled, the audio card will show as Multimedia Audio Controller or Unknown device – double click on it .
- Go to Driver tab and and click on Update Driver…
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software” and in the next screen select Browse
- Within the browse window navigate to the folder where you have extracted the driver archive that you have downloaded and click Ok.
- Click next, and wait for the confirmation that the drivers installed correctly.
- Close all windows and launch UNi Xonar drivers setup.
- Uncheck “Silent installation” and “Run driver cleaning before install” and install the drivers
Possible Solution 2 – 14.10.2012 .
- Start Windows in Safe more by pressing F8 before Windows boot.
- Select Safe Mode.
- Once Windows boot is complete, install UNi Xonar drivers.
- Restart and boot normally.
Please send feedback if this worked for you or not. Add the following information at the beginning of your feedback comment:
[Possible solution number; Audio card; UNi drivers version tested; Windows version; SP (0/1/2); Automatic updates(Y/N); ].
eg: [1; Xonar DX; 1.53;Vista; SP2; Y; ] Your comment..