Besides the obvious interface lift, some of the changes that I’ve made and features that I’ve added to the website:
- Wide mode toggle by closing the sidebar.
- Sightly bigger font sizes
- A proper mobile theme
- High resolution website images for high DPI screens (mobile and PC)
- Wide mode toggle by closing the sidebar
- Current page and its parent category are highlighted in the navigation menu
- IE8-IE10 browsers are no longer supported, website will work but some elements won’t show up properly
- Mobile devices: Long titles split weirdly
Began live testing the new website design. Details on the changes will follow soon.
Last week I’ve made a major update to the website. Along with the obvious new interface, I’ve made some loading optimizations that should speed up the page loading speed considerably and I’ve added some new features to the website.
I will start publishing IT articles soon, but everything (UNi) Xonar related will be under UNi Xonar menu item (I’ve yet to make the changes in this regard).
- Added RSS feed for comments on a specific page (RSS blue icon at the top of the comment section). You can now subscribe to RSS feeds for comments on a desired page you want to follow.
- Improvement Recent Comments widget (on the right sidebar). Recent comments shown will depend on the type of the page you are viewing:
- for home page – recent comments from all post/pages
- for category – recent comments from pages under that specific category
- for page – recent comment on that specific page
For home or category pages, hovering over a comment author will display the page title where the comment was made.
- Removed Social Login in comments (ability to login to comment with Facebook, twitter, WP account). The previous system had to go. I am still debating whether it’s actually useful to add a replacement system or not.
- New website is made for modern browsers. Browsers IE6 & IE7 are not supported anymore for viewing this site. IE8 is the minimum version compatible with the new design.
Known issues with the new website:
- Opera Mini for “classic” phones – site is zoom out
- For mobile browsers: Some items may be overlapping one another (like comment pagination and RSS comment feeds button).
- In some cases the width of the page isn’t properly correlated with the length of the browser window (page refresh will fix this).
- In some cases on desktop browsers , menu and sidebar are shown as in mobile version (page refresh will fix this) .
If you find issues or annoyances viewing this website you can post them here. Thank you.