Xonar Driver Restart is an application that will restart the Windows Audio Service and Xonar/C-media audio driver.
It is particularly useful in the following situations:
- fix sound loop
- fix sound coming from only one speaker
- fix occasional no sound after system boot or wake up from sleep
- apply custom Xonar registry settings
Works for the following cards:
- Asus Xonar: DG, DGX, DG SI, DS, DSX, D1, D2, DX, D2X, HDAV, HDAV Slim, ST, STX, STX II, Xense.
- Other C-Media CMI8788 audio chip based cards: Auzentech X-Meridian & X-Meridian 2G; HT Omega Claro Plus, 2, Halo, eClaro; Razer Barracuda AC-1.
Xonar Relay Restart – Application that will force the Xonar relay switch to reinitialize. May be useful when there is no audio output after system boot or wake up from sleep. May be used instead of Xonar Driver Restart as it is quicker and does not affect running applications. This will cause a temporary 1 sec switch between rear and front panel outputs.
v1.10 – 15 Nov 2017: Added restart function for Windows Audio Service. The application now closes ASUS Audio Center and C-Media Panel before restarting the driver.
v1.00: Initial version that is found in Xonar settings standalone apps.