20 Oct 2022 - Search engines issue
There was a search engines indexing issue between 6 Oct and now causing some parts of the site to not show properly in web search results and through the search that's on the website. May take a couple more
days weeks for things to fully get back to normal.
30 Sep 2017 - Website interface update
Besides the obvious interface lift, some of the changes that I've made and features that I've added to the website:
- Wide mode toggle by closing the sidebar.
- Sightly bigger font sizes
- A proper mobile theme
- High resolution website images for high DPI screens (mobile and PC)
- Current page and its parent category are highlighted in the navigation menu
- IE8-IE10 browsers are no longer supported, website will work but some elements won't show up properly
- Mobile devices: Long titles split weirdly
23 Sep 2017
Began live testing the new website design. Details on the changes will follow soon.
24 Sep 2013 - Website interface update
Last week I've made a major update to the website. Along with the obvious new interface, I've made some loading optimizations that should speed up the page loading speed considerably and I've added some new features to the website.
I will start publishing IT articles soon, but everything (UNi) Xonar related will be under UNi Xonar menu item (I've yet to make the changes in this regard).
- Added RSS feed for comments on a specific page (RSS blue icon at the top of the comment section). You can now subscribe to RSS feeds for comments on a desired page you want to follow.
- Improvement Recent Comments widget (on the right sidebar). Recent comments shown will depend on the type of the page you are viewing:
- for home page - recent comments from all post/pages
- for category - recent comments from pages under that specific category
- for page - recent comment on that specific page
For home or category pages, hovering over a comment author will display the page title where the comment was made.
- Removed Social Login in comments (ability to login to comment with Facebook, twitter, WP account). The previous system had to go. I am still debating whether it's actually useful to add a replacement system or not.
- New website is made for modern browsers. Browsers IE6 & IE7 are not supported anymore for viewing this site. IE8 is the minimum version compatible with the new design.
Known issues with the new website:
- Opera Mini for "classic" phones - site is zoom out
- For mobile browsers: Some items may be overlapping one another (like comment pagination and RSS comment feeds button).
- In some cases the width of the page isn't properly correlated with the length of the browser window (page refresh will fix this).
- In some cases on desktop browsers , menu and sidebar are shown as in mobile version (page refresh will fix this) .
If you find issues or annoyances viewing this website you can post them here. Thank you.
Guillaume24 Sep 2013 @ 23:45
Is it a WordPress theme or something? I really like it! Good work.
CarvedInside25 Sep 2013 @ 17:20
Yes, it's a WordPress theme. I've done the theme myself apart from a few borrowed items. I am happy to hear that. Thank you.:)
Christoph Leipold25 Sep 2013 @ 00:50
New interface looks great. The same for the new features! Browsing speed seems very good too. Great work!
CarvedInside25 Sep 2013 @ 17:21
It's nice to hear this. Thank you.
Towncivilian25 Sep 2013 @ 01:56
Can you consider adding HTTPS support?
CarvedInside25 Sep 2013 @ 17:00
These kind of sites don't usually need/use HTTPS. Which would be the reasons to add https support in your opinion?
larry25 Sep 2013 @ 07:53
IE 11 displays a bit differently but it's ok
CarvedInside25 Sep 2013 @ 17:23
Are you using IE11 from Win8 RTM or IE11 Release preview for Win7? If it's not to much trouble, maybe you can send me a screenshot (via e-mail) of how it looks like in IE11.
larry25 Sep 2013 @ 17:28
IE 11 Win8.1 Release Preview. I will send you a screenshot.
Christoph Leipold25 Sep 2013 @ 19:23
I can really advice u to upgrade to Win 8.1 RTM . Release Preview is very unstable and have a lot of bugs and also in some parts is unfinished and thats why not optimal for working systems. Best Regards
larry25 Sep 2013 @ 21:06
i have windows 8 RTM licensed and will upgrade to 8.1 RTM as soon as it is on GA. The drivers on the other hand work great on the 64 bit flavour.
Christoph Leipold25 Sep 2013 @ 22:46
ok i understand. Thats some good way too. My fault to think that every one have MSDN subscription and are able to get licensed Win 8.1 RTM 😀 . Win 8 is working great btw. Best Regards
CarvedInside26 Sep 2013 @ 03:12
Thanks for the screenshot. If things change for the better when you update to 8.1 RTM, then please let me know.
Christoph Leipold26 Sep 2013 @ 03:26
For me personally everything is displayed fine in IE11 on Win 8.1 RTM with latest updates. Looks on every page the same as it look in Chrome or Firefox.
k37chup12 Nov 2013 @ 16:28
Awesome new look & speed.
CarvedInside12 Nov 2013 @ 16:46
Thank you 🙂
Meep10 Apr 2014 @ 11:21
I sent you a little donation from France (fifteen buck) just to say thanx for the great job.
You have made my day, really !
I have at last found the ultimate software for my Xonar DX!
CarvedInside10 Apr 2014 @ 21:13
You've posted in the wrong section and I think there might be a misunderstanding.
If by software you mean XonarSwitch then you've donated in the wrong place. XonarSwitch and UNi Xonar Drivers are 2 separate things, developed and maintained by 2 different persons. Giulio, who develops XonarSwitch, does not currently accept donations. Now, the donation you've made is on UNi Xonar Drivers account. If you've made a mistake and wanted instead to donate to XonarSwitch just say so and I will return your donation.
Meep11 Apr 2014 @ 07:55
Indeed I made a mistake and thank you very much for your honesty.
I got a little confused there...
Thank you again.
Metal20 Jun 2021 @ 08:19
You should update the website, make patreon support page. So you get better supported.